Awesome Van & Camper Hire Terms & Conditions
This rental agreement is made on the date specified in the Schedule on the reverse side hereof (“the Schedule”) between Awesome Van & Camper Hire (“the owner”) and the customer (“the hirer”) whose name and address appears in the Schedule. The owner and hirer agree as follows:
- RATES AND CONDITIONS
Rates and conditions quoted on our website and/or documentation are subject to change without notice. However, (subject to changes in legislation or errors) we will not alter rates or conditions applicable to your rental once your booking has been confirmed by Awesome Van & Camper Hire. Please note all prices are quoted and payable in Australian Dollars. If the need should arise for a refund, it will be applied in Australian Dollars. Awesome accepts no responsibility for exchange rate fluctuations, positive or negative.
- RENTAL DURATION & EXTENSIONS
Rental days are calculated on a calendar day basis. When calculating the number of days the Vehicle is rented, the day of pick-up is counted as day one of the rental, regardless of pick-up time. The day of the Vehicle’s return is counted as the final day of the rental regardless of drop-off time.
Late pick up or early return of the Vehicle does not entitle the Hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
Extensions may be organized through the sales office, subject to availability, and at the current rental rate. The extra cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card on confirmation of the rental extension.
Failure to obtain an authorization for a rental extension will result in a late fee of AU$100.00 per day in addition to the daily rental rate for each day until the Vehicle is returned. The daily rental rate charged will be the rate applicable on the day of extension per Vehicle for the extended rental period.
- VEHICLE PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF
Vehicles are available for pick-up at a designated time on the first day of the hire period and must be returned on the agreed date at the nominated depot before 3:00pm.
Vehicle pick-up or return outside of branch hours are subject to an after-hours fee of AU$100.
The Hirer acknowledges having received the Vehicle in a clean condition, with full fuel tank (or as received) and with linen & kitchen utensil clean and tidy.
We suggest before returning the vehicle you remove all your rubbish, clean out any mud, grass and or sand from the floor of the vehicle. All Camping equipment is to be returned in a clean condition, free of dirt, dust and sand. A full fuel tank(or as received on collection) on the return date, time and location set out in the Rental Agreement otherwise a $150.00 cleaning fee and a $10.00 refueling fee + the cost of the fuel will be charged.
- NO SMOKING IN OR AROUND THE VEHICLE
Unfortunately if Awesome Campers staff or acting Agents detect smoking, then there will be an additional charge for $150 on top the ‘cleaning fee’. This will be used to cover the extra cleaning time needed to remove the odour from the vehicle for the next customer.
Awesome reserves the right to charge the Hirer for any traffic or parking fines or unpaid toll notices received; associated administration costs and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle. The administration fee per incident or fine/notice received will be AU$75.
- TOLL CHARGES
All vehicles have E tags in them.
The Hirer will be responsible for full cost of replacing keys which are lost, broken or for the retrieval of keys locked in a vehicle. The cost of a locksmith travelling to the vehicle will be at the Hirer’s expense. Awesome Campers will not be responsible for any additional expense occurred by the Hirer if they lose the Keys.
- CHANGE OF DROP-OFF LOCATION
If the Hirer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorization from the office by calling +6129740 7462.
Subject to the change being approved an additional charge of up to AU$1100 may apply, which will be notified to you at time of approval.
The fee may apply in all cases irrespective of the reason for location change.
- EARLY & LATE DROP-OFFS
Early pick-ups can be organized in advance, subject to availability. Late returns will be charged for additional days. If no extension has been approved, we have the right to report the Vehicle as stolen and press charges.
Administration fees may also apply. If the Hirer wishes to drop-off the Vehicle after business hours, they must first obtain approval from the destination branch. There will be no refund or credits for early returns.
Branch staff must view and record details of the Hirer’s Drivers License on collection of your Vehicle. Branch staff must view and record passport details of International License holders.
For Hirer’s with an International License, the License needs to have been valid for 6 months and the driver must be a least 21 years of age. A valid overseas or International Drivers License is permitted.
- USE OF THE VEHICLE
The Hirer agrees that, during the Rental Period, the Hirer will not allow the Vehicle to be;
- Driven in other than a prudent and cautious manner. A single vehicle write off or rollover is considered a breach of this condition and the customer will be responsible for the cost of damage. For any damage due to vehicle use in contravention of Clause 11 “Use of Vehicle”. Any damage caused by will fulll misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the Vehicle or disregarding signposted height restrictions entering or exiting Car parks or Drive Thru’s);
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
- Left with the ignition key in the Vehicle while it is unoccupied;
- Damaged by:
- Submersion in water;
- (ii) Contact with salt water;
- (iii) Creek or river crossing;
- (iv) Driving through low plain flooded areas;
- Beach driving
- Used for any illegal purpose or in any race, rally or contest;
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer;
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward;
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle Manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this Agreement;
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
- j) NOT to be DRIVEN ON COUNTRY ROADS AT SUNSET OR AFTER DARK AS THE RISK OF COLLISION WITH NATIVE WILDLIFE IS GREATLY INCREASED.
- K) driven other than who is on the rental agreement, and have been approved by Awesome Campers and added to the rental agreement as an additional driver.
- ROAD RESTRICTIONS
Awesome Campers have two-wheel drive vehicles. Therefore, they are not allowed to travel on unsealed roads such as dirt, gravel, fire trails, beaches, sand tracks, off reading or 4×4 trails. Travelling on these roads voids all damage protection cover and the Hirer will be liable for all damage caused by travelling on these roads. The only exception to this is reasonable use of access roads less than 3 kilometers to a recognized commercial campgrounds, beach or official car park in a National Park. However if the Hirer does damage the vehicle on an access road, then they are fully liable for all damages and towing costs to recover the vehicle back to the nearest Awesome Campers Depot. If the Hirer takes the vehicle on a ferry to any Australian Island, then the Hirers are fully responsible for all towing costs back to the nearest Awesome Campers Depot if they have a problem with the camper van regardless who is at fault.
We value your well-being, and for safety purposes Awesome reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, and the instance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of hire period. Awesome will advise you on pick up of any travel restrictions known at that time.
The Hirer shall not make any alternations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Awesome.
- ANIMALS & PETS
Awesome Campers does not allow the carriage of pets or any animals in the their vehicles whilst on rental. Carriage of pets or animals will render the contract void, and the rental bond and the cleaning bond will be retained and used for cleaning and fumigating the vehicle.
- NIGHT DRIVING
IF YOU CHOSE TO DRIVE OUTSIDE ANY CITY LIMITS BETWEEN 6PM (1800 HOURS) AND 6.30AM (0630 HOURS) AND HIT AN ANIMAL, I.E A KANGAROO, then unfortunately there is an ADDITIONAL CHARGE TO COVER TOWING THE VEHICLE BACK TO BASE. The Hirer will be responsible for the recovery/towing costs to the nearest major town of the incident and is liable for the first $2000 worth of towing cost to recover the vehicle to an Awesome Campers Depot. Note: Hirer must supply a Police Accident Report with the time and location of the accident and report it immediately to Awesome Campers.
- PROHIBITED AREAS VEHICLES
Certain parts of Australia are designated as prohibited areas. Due to the remoteness and conditions of roads, these areas are unsafe to travel through and are prohibited at all times. Prohibited areas include:
- Central West Australia bounded by the Great Northern, Eyre and Stuart Highways.
- Central Eastern Australia bounded by the Stuart, Barrier, Mitchell, Landsborough & Barkley Highways.
- Cape York & North of Cook town, the Carpentaria Coast and Arnhem Land bounded by the Barkley & Stuart Highways.
- The Savannah Way.
- The Bloomfield Track.
- The Kimberley’s – including the Gibb River Road – bounded by the Great Northern Highway.
- Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls in Kakadu National Park. Cape Leveque, the Bungle Bungles and the Lost City in Litchfield National Park.
- Any beach, sand or island (This includes Moreton Island and Fraser Island).
- Awesome Van & Camper hire travelling into the Karijni National Park will incur a fixed fee of $150.00
- MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS
- The Hirer shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including daily checks of the oil, water and batteries, and will contact Awesome immediately should vehicle warning lights indicate any potential malfunction.
- Awesome Van & Camper Hire P/l will reimburse the Hirer for expenditure up to AU$100 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the Vehicle. For repairs costing over AU$100, Awesome Van & Camper hire P/l will need to be informed and confirm the repair in advance. Repairs will be approved and reimbursement, where applicable, will be granted provided the Hirer was not responsible for the damage. In all cases, receipts must be submitted for any repair or the claim will not be paid.
- Subject to the terms of the Excess Reduction, the Customer will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing the tyres damaged during the Rental Period except if the tyre is defective and is returned by the Customer to Awesome for inspection and is subject to a warranty claim on the manufacturer.
- The Customer will be liable for any cost associated with the incorrect use of fuel (being diesel or petrol), this includes Bio-Diesel which should NOT be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
- Problems in remote area and during Australian national holidays such as Christmas, Easter, etc. Due to the sheer size of Australia, sometimes it may take longer than normal to relocate a replacement vehicle, spare part, fix a problem on the roadside or be towed to the nearest garage, If this happens, then Awesome Campers will do its upmost to rectify the problem as soon as possible, but will not be held liable to any additional costs the hirer may incur due to being in a remote location or a Public Holiday.
- Malfunction of Radio/Cassette players, DVD, GPS, Stoves, Air-conditioning Units, Refrigerator, Water Pumps are not considered a mechanical breakdown as the vehicle is still able to continue driving during your holiday. No alternative accommodation or food items will be paid for during the duration of these malfunctions. If one of these items does go wrong, then they can only be inspected at one of our authorized regional depots across Australia.
- Any refund for on-road problems will be processed when the vehicle is dropped off at its final destination. Down time will be calculated in rentals days, and the refund will be credited against the Hirer’s credit card.
- The Customer will pay Awesome the daily rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs.
- ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE
All Awesome Van & Camper hire have RACQ Membership, giving you the peace of mind of roadside assistance. Please note that hirers will be liable for fees in the event of human error – for example:
- Locked keys in the vehicle
- Flat Battery
- Tyre Change/s
- Non Mechanical Issues
- Use outside of contracted area of use, or damage caused by negligence
Any problems associated with the Vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Awesome within 24 hours in order to give Awesome the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so may compromise any claims for compensation. Awesome reserves the right not to accept liability for any claims submitted after this period. Please contact Awesome on: +6129740 7462.
- VEHICLE DAMAGE EXCESS REDUCTION OPTION
The Customer understands that:
- The Vehicle is insured for third party vehicle and property damage only (we do not cover single vehicle accidents)
- The Customer will have to pay an excess in respect of any damage incurred whilst in the Customer’s possession;
- The excess may be reduced by taking out Excess Reduction coverage (see below)
Any Excess Reduction is void, and the Customer will be responsible for the total cost of any damage (as per Clause 11,12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19) if the Customer breaches any of the conditions on the terms and conditions.
If no Excess Reduction Option is taken, the Customer is responsible for the first AU$3000.00 of the cost of damage
You are required to take one of the following Excess Reduction Options
|Awesome Campervans Liability Reduction Options
|BOND & LIABILITY
|SINGLE VEHICLE INCIDENT
|Fast Track Package
The excess applies in respect of each claim, not rental.
The excess is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the Rental. The excess will be refunded only if Awesome is successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the third party. Please note that third party claims can take months or even years to resolve.
Damage includes any and all damage to third party property, damage to the rented Vehicle including windscreens, tyres, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism. This also includes the cost of the daily rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet for repair.
If you choose Standard Liability or Liability C and Fast Track package Options, please note the following:
The excess/Bond is will need to be paid by cash or put onto your credit card for the duration of the rental. If the bond is paid by cash, our depots do not keep cash on the premises and are unable to refund bonds as cash. Any cash bond due for return will be transferred into a bank account nominated by the hirer. Any bank fees associated with this are to borne by the hirer).
- TYRE & GLASS DAMAGE
Any Damage to the vehicles tyres or glass will be the responsibility of the Hirer and this will be deducted from the security bond. The average cost to repair a windscreen chip is AU$150.00, and the average cost to fit a new windscreen is AU$480.The average cost for tyre replacement is AU$250.00. Therefore, we suggest taking out Liability C insurance which is included in the cover.
- ROOF & UNDERBODY DAMAGE
REGARDLESS OF WHICH INSURANCE RISK REDUCTION OPTION THE HIRER HAS SELECTED, ALL POLICIES EXCLUDE ROOF, TENT, SIDE WINDOWS, BACK WINDSCREEN, SUNROOFS & UNDERBODY DAMAGE. Please be aware of the height and the width of your vehicle. If you hire a 2WD Campervan from Awesome Campers the campervan is not allowed to travel on unsealed roads such as, dirt, gravel, fire trails, beaches, sand tracks, off reading or 4×4 trails. Travelling on these roads voids all damage protection cover.
You may be liable for extra costs while your vehicle is off the road for accident repairs
- LIABILITY C COVER
Awesome Liability C Coverage covers you for Third Party Damage, tyres, front windscreen breakages. (does not include, side and back windows, sunroofs, roof & underbody).
Damage and/or Loss to Personal Belongings – Awesome Van & Camper hire accepts no liability or responsibility for damage to or loss of personal belongings left in the vehicle.
WE ALSO STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT DRIVE ON HIGHWAYS BETWEEN 6.30AM AND 5PM AS THE RISK OF COLLISION WITH NATIVE WILDLIFE IS GREATLY INCREASED. ITS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN THE OUTBACK, DUE TO PEOPLE FALLING ASLEEP WHILE DRIVING AND WILDLIFE. HIRES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ALL THE COSTS OF THE REPAIR.
- SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT
Single Vehicle accidents are defined as any damage that is done to the vehicle when no other vehicle is involved (for example you hit a tree and not another vehicle is involved). This also includes the Hirer having and accident with another vehicle, but the Hirer cannot provide Awesome Campers with the other driver’s details and a Police Report stating the time and location of the accident. Examples of single vehicle accidents include running into trees, guideposts or animals,(whether intentionally or not) whilst travelling forward or reversing. If a vehicle is involved in a ‘Single Vehicle accident’ then this will incur a Charge of up to $4000
DO NOT SWERVE FOR ANIMALS – If an animal runs out in front of you, apply the brakes, but do not swerve. If you hit the animal you may sustain damage. If you swerve, you will roll and definitely cause damage. You may even sustain serious personal injury. The hirer will be financially responsible for any damage sustained by incidents involving animals.
- PROCEDURES IN CASE OF ACCIDENT
If the Hirer is involved in a motor vehicle accident whilst on hire, the following procedures should be followed:
AT THE ACCIDENT SCENE THE CUSTOMER MUST:
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses, take as many photos as you can.
- Report the accident to police, regardless of estimated damage costs.
- Not accept blame or insist the other party is at fault.
- If possible, photograph damage to all vehicle(s) and registration number(s).
- Phone the nearest Awesome Branch with the accident’s details within 24 hours.
AT THE BRANCH:
- The Customer must produce their Driver’s License and hand over the police report (if applicable) and any supporting photographs.
- The Customer is required to pay the excess (if applicable) and any other amount due by them in respect to any damage arising from an accident, loss, or damage. This amount is payable at the time of reporting “the event” and not at completion of the Rental Period.
- The Awesome Customer Service Representative will ensure the Motor Vehicle Accident Report is completed clearly and accurately signed by the Customer.
- The availability of an Exchange Vehicle is not guaranteed; provision is subject to availability, client location, accident liability and remaining hire duration. Client charges may be incurred (see below).
- If an exchange Vehicle is required as a result of an accident, the Customer is responsible for making their own way to the nearest Awesome branch or pick up location at their own expense.
- The Customer will pay for any costs relating to delivery of an exchange vehicle as a result of any single vehicle accident. This charge applies irrespective of any excess reduction taken.
- A new Security Bond will be required for the exchange vehicle.
Under NO circumstances should the Hirer attempt to start or drive a vehicle that has been involved in an accident or wildlife accident, damaged by roll-over, water submersion or by any other means without permission from Awesome.
If the vehicle is un-drivable after an accident and the Hirer would like to have a replacement vehicle, this will be subject to availability, distance and time. The Hirer must at his/her own expense, make his/her own way to the nearest Awesome Branch. If a replacement vehicle is available and accepted by the Hirer for the remainder of the Rental Period a new Excess Reduction policy will be required.
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition to forfeiting your deposit, the following charges also apply:
- Up to 7 days prior to pickup: 50% of Total Rental
- If cancelled 6 – 0 day prior to pickup: 100% of Total Rental.
- If vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever: No refund available.